Could not import file: "There is no item named '[filename].qde' in the archive"

Hi there,

Tried importing the work I started doing in Atlas.ti, but get the error message quoted in the title. Any advice?

Edit: to be sure, the document in question is indeed in .qdpx format, not .qde

Thanks!
Maxime

Hey Maxime,

that bug is a little bit complicated, I’ll add an in-depth explanation below if you are interested.
I guess that your project name has either special characters or spaces in its name.
If that’s correct, try renaming (or duplicating) your project in atlas.ti with a name that only contains characters or numbers (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) and try importing this project in textada.

Best regards,
Moritz

In-depth explanation:
.qdpx-files are just fancy archives (i.e. .zip-files) which have a certain structure.
The REFI-QDA-standard (which describes the structure of .qdpx-files) describes in Section 8.1 that a .qdpx-file needs to contain a project.qde-file.
However, atlas.ti does not name those files project.qde but <projectname>.qde, but only in cases where the project-name does not contain special characters or spaces. How atlas.ti names those files in case the title does contain those characters is not described anywhere. However, we won’t accept any .qde-files for security reasons.
Since we’re in early development, we did not implement such edge-cases but - of course - it now haunts us (or you). :wink:

If the problem persists and you are willing with sharing the file with us, you can mail the file to me at moritz@textada.org .

Thanks for the super fast reply and explanation!

I understood the gist of it. I have now renamed the project in Atlas to something without spaces and special characters. I tried giving the export file the same name or a different one (still following the same rules of no space and special characters)

I still get the error, except this time, there’s a mismatch between the file name and the .qde file mentioned in the error.

I’ll send you the file!

Hey Maxime,

thank you for sending the file, it helped a lot! :slight_smile:
We updated textada, so by now, it should work with the file you sent me.
We hope that it’s a future-proof implementation and will work with all atlas.ti-files, but cannot assure it.

Best regards
Moritz

It did work, thank you so much!